Tuning for performance

Jan-Erik Soderholm XA (TN/PAC) jan-erik.xa.soderholm at ericsson.com
Tue Feb 3 11:28:31 GMT 2004

Hi.
The original OP didn't say what VMS version.
AFAIK, the 127 block dir cache limit (and I don't
think raising ACP_DIRCACHE helped actualy) was
removed in some later VMS version. Maybe 7.x.

And deleting/moving files out of the DIR doesn't
make the DIR file smaller. Use DFU to compress
DIR files.

Jan-Erik.

This communication is confidential and intended solely for the addressee(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you believe this message has been sent to you in error, please notify the sender by replying to this transmission and delete the message without disclosing it. Thank you.

E-mail including attachments is susceptible to data corruption, interruption, unauthorized amendment, tampering and viruses, and we only send and receive e-mails on the basis that we are not liable for any such corruption, interception, amendment, tampering or viruses or any consequences thereof.