SAMBA problem report - file deletion failure

BG - Ben Armstrong BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca
Wed Dec 15 01:12:19 GMT 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-14 at 15:21 -0400, RR - Rod Regier wrote:
> Sample files created using both "DOS" window and GUI, and deleted using
> both "DOS" window and GUI.
> Confirming message and file display removal occurred normally with the
> GUI.
>
> Subsequent DIR or GUI view refresh showed the file had in fact *not*
> been deleted.

Jean-Yves, I believe this is another manifestation of the same problem
involving the VB script that wasn't deleting lock files which I had
previously discussed with you in private email.  So with this new info
from my colleague, Rod, it appears the problem is reproducible with
standard components, and has nothing to do with VB per se.  As usual, if
there is some way we could make the root cause of the problem more
visible, I'm all ears.  (I've been trying for months to phase in the use
of certain PC-based product development and support tools in our
department, but because of various faults in the Samba filesystem layer,
I have been thwarted at every turn.  If this last obstacle could be
removed, I'd be on top of the world. :)

Regards,
Ben