Linux smbfs and smbclient 3.0.0 and 2.2.3a timeout on contact

Ben Armstrong ben at bgpc.dymaxion.ca
Mon Oct 6 12:14:23 GMT 2003

Hi,

After upgrading the Alpha/VMS server to 2.2.8 (29-Sep-03 version) my
Linux smbfs mount (and even passwordless smbclient -L //servername) now
no longer works.  Both commands always time out on the connection
attempt:

bgpc:/home/ben# smbclient -L //dyma
Password:
session setup failed: Call timed out: server did not respond after 20000 milliseconds
bgpc:/home/ben# smbclient --version
Version 3.0.0-Debian

Since I'm using a point-oh release, I thought I'd try downgrading from
3.0.0 (final release, Debian sid/unstable) to 2.2.3a.  After the
downgrade I still could not connect.

Any idea what I should be looking for to troubleshoot this problem?  So
far as I know, none of the Windows clients are having trouble connecting
after the upgrade.

Thanks,
Ben Armstrong
--
      Ben Armstrong                -.       Medianet Development Group,
      BArmstrong at dymaxion.ca         `-.    Dymaxion Research Limited