samba over multinet

Tillman, Brian (AGRE) Brian.Tillman at smiths-aerospace.com
Wed Oct 1 12:47:10 GMT 2003

ChanochB at Egged.co.il wrote:
> 1.i got this output after @install
>
> %TCPIP-E-SERVERROR, cannot process service request
> -TCPIP-E-NOFILE, cannot access TCPIP$SERVICE database file
> -RMS-E-FNF, file not found %TCPIP-E-CONFIGERROR, error
> processing configuration request -TCPIP-E-NOFILE, cannot
> access TCPIP$CONFIGURATION database file -RMS-E-FNF, file not found

This indicates you're trying to use Compaq/HP TCP/IP, not Multinet.  The
install procedures contained within the Samba distribution are written
assuming HP's TCP/IP.  INSTALL.COM calls SMBD_SETUP_TCPIP.COM and
SWAT_SETUP_TCPIP.COM, which contain commands specific to HP TCP/IP
Services for OpenVMS.  You must either comment out the invocation of
those command procedures from INSTALL.COM and do it by hand or create
your own SMBD_SETUP_TCPIP.COM and SMBD_SETUP_TCPIP.COM using Multinet
commands.

> 2.where can i see documentation of usibg samba-vms ?

There is little specific to VMS in the Samba docs.  You get VMS-specific
info from reading the samba-vms mailing list.  It seems that I recall
that someone included some VMS-specific information one of the V2.0.8
release kits.  Check the samba-vms list archives for where to find it.
--
Brian Tillman
Smiths Aerospace

The information contained in, or attached to, this e-mail, may contain confidential information and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed and may be subject to legal privilege.  If you have received this e-mail in error you should notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail, delete the message from your system and notify your system manager.  Please do not copy it for any purpose, or disclose its contents to any other person.  The views or opinions presented in this e-mail are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the company.  The recipient should check this e-mail and any attachments for the presence of viruses.  The company accepts no liability for any damage caused, directly or indirectly, by any virus transmitted in this email.