Posting FAQ now correct

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Wed Mar 5 01:58:11 GMT 2003

Ok, first a little housekeeping.  There seem to be a lot of new posters
to this forum that do not have experience with mailing list and newsgroups.

Apparently this URL is being put at the end of the first message in the
digest, and I do not know where it is being put on the individual
message.  It is inserted by the mailing list software, and has recently
been corrected to work.

Also please reference the OpenVMS FAQ:

http://www.openvms.compaq.com/wizard/faq/vmsfaq.html

Please pay attention to section 1.3

> # If responding to a posting, include in your reply only as much of
> the original posting as is necessary to establish context. As a
> guideline, consider that if you've included more text than you've
> added, you've possibly included too much. Never include signatures
> and other irrelevant material.

As stated above, you should not ever be quoting or attaching the
original post in it's entirety when responding.  Trim as much as possible.

See also:

  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/usenet/primer/part1

  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/usenet/faq/part1

  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/usenet/emily-postnews/part1

  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/usenet/writing-style/part1

  ftp://rtfm.mit.edu/pub/usenet/news.answers/usenet/posting-rules/part1