I/O's to SAMBA_ROOT ?

Jan-Erik Söderholm XA (TN/PAC) jan-erik.xa.soderholm at ericsson.com
Tue Jul 8 21:55:12 GMT 2003

When opening a file (on a different device then SAMBA_ROOT)
from a Win2K client using an text editor (UltraEdit32),
the SAMBA server does a lot of I/O's to the disk
with SAMBA_ROOT. It's between 1000 and 2000 I/O's.
the I/O's to the device where the text file is, are
just a few. The "open" takes about 30 secs.

Anyway to find out what SAMBA does during this time ?

Page Fault Rate = 0 during this time.

Samba 2.2.8 (the latest)
VMS 7.3-1
AlphaStation 250 4/266

$ tcpip sh ver

  Compaq TCP/IP Services for OpenVMS Alpha Version V5.3
  on a AlphaStation 250 4/266 running OpenVMS V7.3-1

$

Regards
Jan-Erik.