Workstation connections.

kenl at genyc.com kenl at genyc.com
Thu Jul 17 04:03:23 GMT 2003

Thank you Carl, it was a registry issue.   Back under 2.03 I set to no strong
password on one machine, the machine that could not access samba had strong
password enabled.  I turned it of for now.  I will enable it when I figure
out the smb.conf file to support this.

This is what I did:

Windows 2000
To enable plaintext passwords under Windows 2000, go to Start -> Run and type
in regedt32. Under

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE go to
\system\currentcontrolset\services\lanmanworkstation\parameters and change

the DWORD value of the enableplaintextpassword entry to 1

thanx,
Kenneth Lang

Quoting kenl at genyc.com: