Samba-VMS 2.2.4 moves up to 2.2.7a

kenl at genyc.com kenl at genyc.com
Sat Jan 4 16:29:31 GMT 2003

I tip my hat to you.  I just installed 2.2.7.a and yes there is definitely a
big improvement in speed.  I did have to set encrypt password = no to actually
start browsing, I will have to read on this for encrpytion.

I did a clean install with 7.3.1 of Openvms, 5.3 of TCPIP and 6.5 of 'C'.

Interesting though, is if you want to see lightning speed is use Internet
Explorer instead of Explorer.  Browsing in IE in and out of folders and opening
files is exponentially faster, it also uses about 1/3 or the IO's on VMS.

My simple test of up and down two folders and open one log file.
IE:  took 3063 I/O's
Explorer:  took 10967 I/O's

All the VFC file look perfect and even the tabs work now on files I tested with.

thanx,
Kenneth Lang