New samba not starting

Brian Tillman Brian.Tillman at Smiths-Aerospace.com
Tue Aug 26 18:03:45 GMT 2003

>I downloaded the recent 2.2.8 release of Samba and installed it on a VAX
and
>an Alpha.  NMBD runs fine on each.  However, I can't connect from another
>(Windows XP) system and prior to the 2.2.8 install, I could.

Well, after using SMBPASSWD to change my password to match my Windows
password, I can connect.  I'd still like info on "oplocks", though.  Thanks.
--
Brian Tillman         Internet: Brian.Tillman at smiths-aerospace dot com
Smiths Aerospace  Addresses modified to prevent SPAM.