SAMBA_VMS_2_0_6

rbriggs at globe.com rbriggs at globe.com
Wed Jun 26 20:27:26 GMT 2002

Hello All:
      I would like to know if anyone else has had the problems I am
experiencing trying to build SAMBA_VMS_2_0_6. I have used the kits from
both the April 2001 VMS distribution Freeware 5.0 CD, as well as
downloading the kits from Compaq's web site. The problem I am having is
with the file formats of the ascii files. Every command procedure I have
looked at has as record format of Stream_LF instead of the normal Variable
length. This introduces the problem of escape characters in the files. Has
anyone else experienced this problem, and if so what was the resolution? I
am running VMS 7.1 on an Alpha.

Thanks much
Ron Briggs
RBriggs at Globe.Com