Upgrading OpenVMS.

kenl at genyc.com kenl at genyc.com
Sat Dec 28 16:18:04 GMT 2002

Hello out there!

I appologize for putting this question out on this forum, I am running out of
places to go.  Maybe, just maybe someone out there may have some input on this.

I am trying to upgrade a Alpha Workstation 433au from 7.2.2 of OpenVMS to 7.3-1
of OpenVMS.

Each attempt has failed to upgrade and changing the PQL_ parameters does not
seem to help.

I get to about 40% of the upgrade and I get this message

...40% complete.

%PCSI-I-PRCOUTPUT, output from subprocess follows...
%SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation, reason mask=00, virtual
address=000000004B5C2342,
 PC=0000000033DE4,PS=0000001B

%PCSI-E-MODREPLERR, error replacing module ANALYZE in library
DISK$AXPVMSSYS:[VMS$COMMON.][SYSLIB]DCLTABLES.EXE

-SYSTEM-F-ACCVIO, access violation, reason mask=!XB, virtualaddress=!XH PC=!XH,
PS=!XL
%PCSI-E-OPENFAILED, operation failed.

Interesting, I get the same message when I try a clean install.

I increased the PQL_MPGFLQUOTA, PQL_MENQLM, PQL_MBYTLM  and all they did was
eliminate insufficient virtually memory.

If anyone has some insight on this, that would be appreciated.  Also, I did log
a call with Digital/HP and no luck resolving this.  This is making for a long
holiday season.

Kenneth Lang