Trapdoor GID system

Boyce, Nick nick.boyce at eds.com
Fri Apr 26 12:09:55 GMT 2002

[disclaimer: I just lurk here - I'm a Unix Samba admin, not a VMS one]

Tim Oakley asked :

> I'm running Samba for VMS v2.0.3.
>
> Everything works fine but the LOG.SMB file always contains literally
> hundreds of "Warning : You appear to have a tradoor gid system"
> messages. This must be related to something in the UAF setup but i can't
> see the problem.
>
> Anyone seen this one ?

I believe the "trapdoor gid system" warning is spurious on VMS systems -
doesn't apply to VMS.

On Unix it *is* a serious problem.

This is probably mentioned in the Samba-VMS FAQ, but I haven't time to dig
that out right now.

HTH.