Corrupt file error

John E. Malmberg wb8tyw at qsl.net
Fri Apr 26 17:26:18 GMT 2002

"Naveed Ahmed" <Greatman at Softhome.network> wrote:

> I am trying to unzip Samba 2.0.6 on ALPHA and it is giving this error,
> althogh file is successfully unzipped on PC, and also I have transferred and
> sucessfully unzipped SAMBA 2.0.3, on Alpha, therefore I think there is no
> problem with transfer between PC and ALPHA, what can be the problem?

PKZIP changed their compression algorithm a while back, and the ZIP /
UNZIP programs on OpenVMS were modified to use the new algorithm.

The older UNZIP programs can not handle the new format.  An up to date
copy of ZIP and UNZIP for ALPHA and VAX can be found on the OpenVMS
Freeware 5.0 CD-ROM set.

-John
wb8tyw at qsl.network