failing tests in the testsuite on debian

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Nov 16 20:52:08 UTC 2022

On Saturday, 12 November 2022 21:24:21 CET Michael Tokarev via samba-technical
wrote:
> ok. After quite some digging I found out that the selftest was missing
> two pieces - namely, tdb-tools (for tdbbackup) and lmdb-utils - spotted
> this in the test log, by a very good chance.  After installing the two,
> the --quick test looks quite a bit more promising now.  But there are
> failures still.

You should look at the bootstrap/config.py which packages we require to
actually run selftest.

Or you just run:

bootstrap/generated-dists/ubuntu2004/bootstrap.sh

If a test is failing you need to debug it. Somewhere normally you have the
expanded command printed out. Note it!

Check against which env the test failed and start it.

make testenv SELFTEST_TESTENV="ad_member"

You will get an xterm (you have to have xterm installed). Paste the expanded
comment and it will run the test. You can add debugger or add options to
increase debug output.

If you want to increase it on the server side use e.g.:

make testenv SELFTEST_TESTENV="ad_member" SERVER_LOG_LEVEL="1 kerberos:10"

If you want to learn more about selftest, start to read the https://cwrap.org/
and all the sub-pages!

Cheers

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D