failing tests in the testsuite on debian

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Nov 15 15:12:44 UTC 2022

15.11.2022 16:35, Michael Tokarev via samba-technical wrote:
> In particular, one can't re-run tests, because on subsequent runs, even
> if you `rm -rf st' in-between, the result will be different, and different
> tests will fail and the ones failed before will succeed

I figured this part out. It was my environment which was buggy. It turned
out I tried to run stuff in a separate pid namespace without a proper
process reaper, so zombies from the exited daemons weren't cleaned up
properly and certain resources had become busy and was never freed
before this namespace termination.  It was nothing to do with the
samba testsuite.

Certain tests do continue to fail though, and I still don't see how
to address this.

Thanks,

/mjt