Are there Python3 libraries for the net commands and etc?

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Tue Mar 29 05:18:44 UTC 2022

Hi Richard

On 3/27/22 18:21, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
> A lot of system management scripts these days are implemented in
> Python and I am sick of using popen and system in python to run Samba
> commands and then grub through the output to figure out what I need.
>
> Are there any Python3 libraries that provide the functionality of the
> net commands?

it would be great to have such bindings!

As pointed out by others, Jule is currently working on JSON output for
smbstatus.

Adding Python bindings for the desired functionality shouldn't be that
difficult, let me know if you have any questions how to tackle this.

Cheers!
-slow

--
Ralph Boehme, Samba Team                 https://samba.org/