Samba 4.17.0rc3 opens via vfs_glusterfs fail

Andrew Walker awalker at ixsystems.com
Tue Aug 30 10:48:10 UTC 2022

On Tue, Aug 30, 2022 at 3:59 AM Anoop C S via samba-technical <
samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> This was an issue with glfs_open() and is now already fixed[1]. I hope
> you were having a released version of GlusterFS installed in which the
> fix is not yet available and must have encountered the problem. I'll
> try to see if backports can be made available.
>
> [1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/pull/3307
>
> Thanks,
> Anoop C S.

Correct. I was using glusterfs 10.2 (latest release) via debian. I see the
next minor release for
glusterfs (10.3) is not scheduled until November 15th, and so we may have
some gap between
when Samba 4.17 is released and a version of glusterfs that works with it
is released.

Andrew