Samba 4.17.0rc3 opens via vfs_glusterfs fail

Anoop C S anoopcs at samba.org
Tue Aug 30 07:58:22 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-08-29 at 15:36 -0400, Andrew Walker via samba-technical
wrote:
> ```
> [2022/08/27 14:48:25.748586,  0]
> ../../source3/smbd/files.c:1187(synthetic_pathref)
>   synthetic_pathref: opening [.] failed
> ```
>
> Seeing this on trying to connect to share. Looks like we're trying to
> glfs_open() <connectpath>/. with flags (O_RDONLY | O_NOFOLLOW |
> O_NONBLOCK), and it fails with EISDIR.

This was an issue with glfs_open() and is now already fixed[1]. I hope
you were having a released version of GlusterFS installed in which the
fix is not yet available and must have encountered the problem. I'll
try to see if backports can be made available.

[1] https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/pull/3307

Thanks,
Anoop C S.