pid_directory error in testparm?

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Tue Apr 26 09:42:48 UTC 2022

Hi!

I noticed testparm is failing when samba pid directory does not exist.
However, some samba daemons do create this directory automatically, and
as far as I can see, samba can be started just fine without this directory
(maybe not all daemons do this, I'm not sure yet).

How about something like the attached change for testparam.c, to denote
this condition from being ERROR to a mere WARNING instead?

Thanks,

/mjt