Test failure in samba.tests.blackbox.smbcacls_basic(DFS)

Joseph Sutton josephsutton at catalyst.net.nz
Mon Sep 6 08:34:01 UTC 2021

I noticed this failure occurring with the samba-no-opath2 job on GitLab
CI, after rebasing seemingly unrelated changes onto master.

|[146(644)/150 at 22m53s]
samba.tests.blackbox.smbcacls_basic(DFS)(fileserver)||
||found ACE for samba||
||mismatch: inherit: != inherit:0x0||
||differences between file ACE: ||
||user_dom=FILESERVER,||
||user=samba,||
||type=ALLOWED,||
||inherit=,||
||permissions=FULL,||
||and expected ACE: ||
||user=samba,||
||type=ALLOWED,||
||inherit=0x0,||
||permissions=FULL,||
||remote remove failed: Command
'/tmp/samba-testbase/samba-no-opath-build/bin/smbclient
-Usamba%fileserver //FILESERVER/msdfs-share -c deltree
smbcacls_sharedir_dfs/*'; shell False; exit status 1; stdout: 'b''';
stderr: 'b'''||
||falling back to removing contents of local dir:
/tmp/samba-testbase/samba-no-opath2/bin/ab/fileserver/share/smbcacls_sharedir_dfs||
||UNEXPECTED(failure):
samba.tests.blackbox.smbcacls_basic(DFS).samba.tests.blackbox.smbcacls_basic.BasicSmbCaclsTests.test_simple_single_mod(fileserver)||
||REASON: Exception: Exception: Traceback (most recent call last):||
||  File "bin/python/samba/tests/blackbox/smbcacls_basic.py", line 77,
in test_simple_single_mod||
||    self.assertTrue(self.file_ace_check(remotepath, ace))||
||AssertionError: False is not true||
||FAILED (1 failures, 0 errors and 0 unexpected successes in 0 testsuites)|

The full job log can be found here:
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/-/jobs/1564265401
<https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/-/jobs/1564265401>

I'm not sure exactly what caused this failure, but I'm reporting it here
in case this is an issue that could warrant further investigation.

Regards,
Joseph