Certificate services

Denis CARDON dcardon at tranquil.it
Mon Feb 15 15:49:31 UTC 2021

Hi Thomas,

ADCS is a separate product from ADDC. As stated in my previous mail you
can install ADCS on a member server which is joined to an existing
Samba-DC.

If you want to re-implement a certificate service similar to ADCS on
Linux you'll have to code. There are alternative CA that you can run on
Linux, and ADCS is mostly useful if you need auto-enrollment.

Cheers,

Denis