Building Samba 4.14 on CentOS 8.0 and gnutls

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 12 10:41:06 UTC 2021

On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:03 PM Richard Sharpe via samba-technical
<samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I am slowly getting Samba to build.

Take a look at the branches for samba-4.14 in my repos at
https://github.com/nkadel/samba4rrepo.

The RPM's that RHEL 8 published did not include the python3 "devel"
RPM's for various dependencies, so the Fedora style .spec file is not
compatible with it. It's really frustrating and demanded rebuilds of
other Samba related libraries.