Building Samba 4.14 on CentOS 8.0 and gnutls

Alexander Bokovoy ab at samba.org
Fri Feb 12 11:38:16 UTC 2021

On pe, 12 helmi 2021, Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba-technical wrote:
> On Thu, Feb 11, 2021 at 10:03 PM Richard Sharpe via samba-technical
> <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hi folks,
> >
> > I am slowly getting Samba to build.
>
> Take a look at the branches for samba-4.14 in my repos at
> https://github.com/nkadel/samba4rrepo.
>
> The RPM's that RHEL 8 published did not include the python3 "devel"
> RPM's for various dependencies, so the Fedora style .spec file is not
> compatible with it. It's really frustrating and demanded rebuilds of
> other Samba related libraries.

In addition to that, we run CentOS 8 builds in Gitlab CI, there is a
bootstrap file bootstrap/generated-dists/centos8/bootstrap.sh which is
generated from the list of packages in
bootstrap/generated-dists/centos8/packages.yml.

There is an effort to extend the list of -devel packages available in
RHEL and CentOS Stream. Andreas and I added Samba requirements there
some time ago. It'll take some time to get that fully implemented for
various reasons unrelated to us.

RHEL 8.4 will also be providing samba-devel for other uses.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy