GSOC 2020: Introduction and queries about the MS-PAR related project

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Mar 22 17:45:18 UTC 2020

On Sun, 2020-03-22 at 21:54 +0530, Rajendra Prajapat via samba-
technical wrote:
> Hello Everyone
>
> This is Rajendra Prajapat, 3rd-year computer science student from
> IIIT-Dharwad, India. I am interested to work on the project idea
> "Print
> System Asynchronous Remote Protocol Wireshark Dissectors" during
> GSOC-2020.
> Last few days I was exploring MS-CIFS, MS-PAR and MS-RPRN protocols.
> I am
> good at C, C++ and python programming. I have prior knowledge of
> working
> with Wireshark.

That will be a big bonus.

> I am not able to connect to IRC channel #samba-technical.

Don't worry, IRC is not very active these days.

> From the idea page, I got to know about the following tasks
>
> - Write Wireshark dissectors for MS-PAR
>
> - Improve existing smbtorture tests, Which demonstrate how the
> protocol
> works against a Windows server.
>

> Please let me know where to get started for MS-PAR protocol and are
> there
> any tasks, which we can do to improve the proposal before submitting
> it?
>

> The link for Günther and Andreas' SambaXP presentation
> is
> not working on the idea page. Can you please provide the new link of
> the
> Günther and Andreas' SambaXP presentation?

To be clear, I won't be your mentor, but I've found the slides and
fixed the link.

All the best preparing your submission!

Andrew Bartlett                       https://samba.org/~abartlet/
Authentication Developer, Samba Team  https://samba.org