GSOC 2020: Introduction and queries about the MS-PAR related project

Rajendra Prajapat raj.code.pra at gmail.com
Sun Mar 22 16:24:42 UTC 2020

Hello Everyone

This is Rajendra Prajapat, 3rd-year computer science student from
IIIT-Dharwad, India. I am interested to work on the project idea "Print
System Asynchronous Remote Protocol Wireshark Dissectors" during GSOC-2020.
Last few days I was exploring MS-CIFS, MS-PAR and MS-RPRN protocols. I am
good at C, C++ and python programming. I have prior knowledge of working
with Wireshark.

I am not able to connect to IRC channel #samba-technical.

>From the idea page, I got to know about the following tasks

- Write Wireshark dissectors for MS-PAR

- Improve existing smbtorture tests, Which demonstrate how the protocol
works against a Windows server.

Please let me know where to get started for MS-PAR protocol and are there
any tasks, which we can do to improve the proposal before submitting it?

The link for Günther and Andreas' SambaXP presentation
<http://archive.sambaxp.org/fileadmin/user_upload/SambaXP2013-DATA/thu/track2/Guenther_Deschner_Andreas_Schneider-Printing_Samba_4.pdf>
is
not working on the idea page. Can you please provide the new link of the
Günther and Andreas' SambaXP presentation?

Regards

Rajendra Prajapat