Getting seeds into oss-fuzz

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Wed Mar 4 08:28:43 UTC 2020

On Wed, 2020-03-04 at 09:18 +0100, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> On Thursday, 27 February 2020 03:11:42 CET Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical
> wrote:
> > G'Day Gary,
> >
> > We discussed in person a long-delayed task for the fuzzing effort,
> > which is to provide oss-fuzz with good seeds for each of our fuzz
> > targets.  It would be awesome if you can slow-burn at this when you get
> > some cycles.
>
> Thank you for working on fuzzing, but I get a mail every two days from oss-
> fuzz:
>
> samba: Coverage build failure
> Friendly reminder that the the build is still failing.
>

> Maybe fix oss-fuzz first before extending it. I've sent a patch proposal
> earlier form a very quick look.

I wrote back to you about that, and I'm confident it isn't the right
patch.  Perhaps for a short time it was (because oss-fuzz itself is
changing), but I see no issue with the actual build in the multiple
hours chasing it down.

As far as I can tell the reason for the coverage failure is a lack of
seeds, nothing else.