GSoC Progress update

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Aug 5 18:55:16 UTC 2020

On 05/08/2020 09:36, hezekiah maina via samba-technical wrote:
> Over the past two weeks I have been working on the following:
> Packing for various based distributions.
> I have started by first targeting Fedora 32 with more to come later.
> Group Policy Object (GPO) management. Some of the features includes
> creating a GPO, deleting a GPO, listing GPOs, listing containers, deleting
> links to containers, downloading a GPO, backing up a GPO, Setting a GPO
> link, restoring a GPO, Setting inheritance, getting the inheritance and
> showing information for a GPO.
> Flexible Single Master Operations (FSMO) roles Management. Features
> includes seizing roles, transferring roles and listing the roles.
>
> The link to the repo:
> https://gitlab.com/HezekiahM/samba-ad-dc
>
> The link to the Open Build Service:
> https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:Hezekiah/samba-ad-dc

Hi Hezekiah, after finally getting cockpit to work on Devuan, it is
looking good, but (and isn't there always a but :) )

nmp on Devuan (and hence Debian) isn't new enough (this is just for info)

When I ran 'make install', there was an error, it couldn't copy the .xml
file:

cp org.cockpit-project.cockpit-samba-ad-dc.metainfo.xml /usr/share/metainfo/

This was because in 'Makefile' there was this line:

cp org.cockpit-project.$(PACKAGE_NAME).metainfo.xml
$(DESTDIR)/usr/share/metainfo/

'$(PACKAGE_NAME)' is set with this line:

PACKAGE_NAME := $(shell awk '/"name":/ {gsub(/[",]/, "", $$2); print
$$2}' package.json)

and 'package.json' contains this:

"name": "cockpit-samba-ad-dc",

So, it is looking for
'org.cockpit-project.cockpit-samba-ad-dc.metainfo.xml' but the file
supplied is actually:

org.cockpit-project.samba-ad-dc.metainfo.xml

Otherwise, good work so far ;-)

Rowland