Insights for the future of smbcmp

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Fri Sep 6 09:51:51 UTC 2019

Hi,

"P Mairo via samba-technical" <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> writes:
> Hello, I just added a new experimental feature to smbcmp GUI: the ability
> to browse the summaries with a search bar, it's not merged yet but you can
> try it on my branch[1].
> I would also like to know which features interest you in order to implement
> it.

Good idea, but I think it is a bit confusing to use at the
moment.

- Hitting return doesn't do anything, I had to click on
  the magnifier to search which was not obvious.
- Once you hit the last result it doesn't loop back to the start.
- If you select something and then search it won't search starting from
  the selection.
- Highlighting the matched part of the summary in the results would be nice.

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3