Insights for the future of smbcmp

P Mairo akoudanilo at gmail.com
Fri Sep 6 21:39:46 UTC 2019

Le ven. 6 sept. 2019 à 10:51, Aurélien Aptel <aaptel at suse.com> a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> "P Mairo via samba-technical" <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> writes:
> > Hello, I just added a new experimental feature to smbcmp GUI: the ability
> > to browse the summaries with a search bar, it's not merged yet but you
> can
> > try it on my branch[1].
> > I would also like to know which features interest you in order to
> implement
> > it.
>
> Good idea, but I think it is a bit confusing to use at the
> moment.
>
> - Hitting return doesn't do anything, I had to click on

  the magnifier to search which was not obvious.

I was hoping a bug of GTK3 because the widget used is officially supported
for windows, mac and gtk2, not a big deal though, I'll fix this, thanks for
the feedback.

- Once you hit the last result it doesn't loop back to the start.

Can you provide me the file(s) you used ? And the steps to reproduce the
bug because it just re-tested it and it works just fine

- If you select something and then search it won't search starting from
>   the selection.

I think this is questionable, but you are one of the users so I'll do it
accordingly

- Highlighting the matched part of the summary in the results would be nice.

Copythat