Document GitLab as the only way to contribute to Samba?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Fri Sep 6 04:54:17 UTC 2019

On Fri, 2019-06-28 at 00:31 +0200, Michael Adam wrote:

> I personally think that mail list reviews do have some advantages
> but the gitlab system also has several advantages.
>
> So I would in general be fine with the change.
>
> Not sure if it would help to first declare the ML submissions
> deprecated and in a second step declare gitlab the only way to
> submit?

So, after all that and some water under the bridge, can we please agree
to go ahead and make that change, for the sake of clarity and
consistency?

I would document it as (roughly):

- GitLab is the strongly perferred method to contribute to Samba.
- Patches mailed to the mailing list may still be considered, but
require additional work on the part of Samba Team members so are
discouraged.

If you are interested in reviewing patches submitted to Samba, please
ensure you have a gitlab.com account and are watching our public gitlab
repository.

Thanks!

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba