Converting SMB1 tests to SMB2

Ralph Boehme slow at samba.org
Wed Oct 23 11:57:01 UTC 2019

On 10/23/19 1:08 PM, Ralph Boehme via samba-technical wrote:
> On 10/23/19 12:38 PM, npower wrote:

>> * I thought that it would not be acceptable to just effectively remove all of these tests without a clean transition path, e.g. they run till they are removed
>
> All this has to happen in a private branch of course, you can't push the
> initial changes upstream of course.

what would works as well, and I guess this might be what you had in mind, is

* force smb2 in the testenvs

* move all failing tests to seperate temporary testenvs that still allow
smb1

This changeset could the already go upstream, allowing working on the
indivual tests in a more piecemeal fashion, because the resulting work
can be pushed upstream for every test.

Once all tests are taken care of, the temporary test envs can be removed.

This would avoid accumulating all the changes in a private branch and
the rebase hassle that comes with it.

Is this what you had in mind?

-slow

--