[Release Planning 4.11] Samba 4.11.2

Nico Kadel-Garcia nkadel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 23 06:42:28 UTC 2019

On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 2:34 AM Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Oct 23, 2019 at 1:51 AM Andreas Schneider <asn at samba.org> wrote:
> >
> > On Wednesday, 23 October 2019 01:53:58 CEST Nico Kadel-Garcia via samba-
> > technical wrote:

> > > RHEl 8 does not include "quota-devel" and some dependencies such as
> > > "libtommath", unless you build them from a setup like, say, mine over
> > > at github. You are certainly welcome to any useful parts of that.
> >
> > RHEL8 **does** include quota-devel, CentOS8 *doesn't*.
> >

> > https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16549
>
> No, Red Hat does not publish the package in any of their channels. I
> just checked on my licensed RHEL 8 box, the one I use to run
> "reposync" on to build up a full local RHEL 8 mirror for
> "mock" compilatoin of Samba before CentOS 8 was published. This is why
> my public tools to build Samba 4.11 have a local setup, based on the
> published SRPM, to build the quota packages as needed on CentOS or
> RHEL 8.

Looking at that, it came off a bit... sharp. It's not you, it's that
Red Hat has elected to do this for a number of different devel
packages I've tried to compile with, and the excuses for publishing
only the SRPM and binary packaes have been.... well, let's say it
raises questions about renewing my licenses.