building source3 subsystems and libs

moore chestnut moore.43132 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 22 13:07:54 UTC 2019

hello Andrew:

regarding why:
- initially because I'm finding my way around this code base and I dont
know all the options... :-)
- I want a simplified, lean client that I have can use for testing and
understanding.
- a starting point i was looking at was the rpc_open_tcp and then try build
on that with the functionality in netlogon_creds_cli.c for a ntlm pass
thru, but even that has lots of dependencies.

otherwise, as an end goal, this might be something that I want to use in an
extremely constrained embedded environment.
so having full samba build/deployment is not going to be an option.
the list of dependencies and nested dependencies is long so I want to
determine if a streamlined client is possible.

rpcclient bin itself is fully loaded with dependencies and even a test with
NETLOGON command uses lsarpc, over dcerpc over smb over tcp.
Of course there is high chance I'm misunderstanding and based on what I
think I need around dcerpc bind, epm mapper, schannel netrlogonsamlogon for
ntlm pass thru.

your thoughts appreciated.

thank you.