building source3 subsystems and libs

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Nov 21 23:06:56 UTC 2019

Is there a reason why you first want to untangle our build system?

I would suggest first just creating a new binary, which links against
whatever it needs to (and we have great helper libraries for the things
you need for the below).

rpcclient has a samlogon command that does what you need, I would just
cut that down.

But why not just use winbind via ntlm_auth or libwbclient?  That has
everything setup and ready to go, manages the connection and
everything.

Perhaps it would help to explain your use case first.

Thanks!

Andrew Bartlett

https://samba.org/~abartlet/
https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba