samba-tool fsmo transfer - uncaught exception

Rowland penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri May 24 08:29:15 UTC 2019

On 24/05/2019 08:00, Julien Ropé via samba-technical wrote:
> > Can I ask just what is the exact command you are running ?
>

> Here they are :
>
> samba-tool fsmo transfer --role= forestedns -U administrator
>
> samba-tool fsmo transfer --role= domaindns -U administrator
>

> Transferring other roles doesn't cause an issue, but as I understand,
> only the DNS-related roles require the drs_utils module.
>

> Note that the transfer seems to be effective in the end, as shown with
> the command "samba-tool fsmo show". But this exception makes me think
> that something did not complete.

It seems to be failing whilst trying to replicate the changes, which
shouldn't be a big problem, because normal replication should do it.

What I am struggling to get my head around is, why does 'import samba'
fail when 'import samba.drs_utils' doesn't ?

If you run 'pydoc samba', you will find that 'drs_utils' is part of
'samba', so should be available, especially as the full path is used
'samba.drs_utils'

Rowland