RFC --picky-developer (for developer builds)

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Jul 30 07:51:14 UTC 2019

Hi Martin,

> I like the idea.  Those fancy options sometimes find bugs before the
> code gets merged.  ;-)
>
> It would be good if we could even go stronger.  I always try to build
> with CFLAGS="-O3" and --picky-developer. However, with those options you
> can't build against bundled Heimdal Kerberos, because it is a roaring
> dumpster fire... and I don't think anyone has looked at fixing
> building against system Heimdal either...  :-(

Are you sure that's still the case?
It was the problem at the time I wrote the patches
~ 5 years ago.

But autobuild and gitlab-ci use that for quite some time now.

See https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/667
the pipeline works fine and we're running the O3 build on a lot of
distributions and never need to use --disable-warnings-as-errors.

metze