Turning off SMB1 make slashdot and theregister !

ronnie sahlberg ronniesahlberg at gmail.com
Sun Jul 28 08:52:34 UTC 2019

The solution is simple.
This is what I propose:

Next major release SMB1 is dropped and the code is deleted.

Some people do care very much about ms-dos / os/2 and amiga 1.3 users.
These people can fork
samba and continue to support a smb1-legacy version of samba and
backport all patches from upstream to this
fork. Volunteers?

Alternatively, ms-dos. os/2 warp and amiga 1.3 users can still
continue to use old and obsolete versions of samba
if they are not able to fix their clients to use smb2.