[patchset] quota fixes, cleanups and sysquotas for AIX

Björn JACKE bj at SerNet.DE
Wed Feb 13 12:08:20 UTC 2019

Hi Uri,

On 2019-02-13 at 07:22 +0200 Uri Simchoni via samba-technical sent off:
> I haven't gone through it all (and I currently don't know to what extent
> I can review the JFS stuff) but I do want to flag the following:

If you think you can't then someone here at SerNet can review that also, we
have an AIX machine for Samba development. Just the order of patches matters
obviously here.

> patch 12/13 might break the build for HP-UX, because maybe (I'm not
> sure...) their configure sets WITH_QUOTAS to 1 and then, with this
> patch, provides no disk_quotas() function. Perhaps rather than removing
> the whole function, you can remove the AIX parts only.
>
> I don't have positive evidence that HP-UX has disk-free quota support
> integrated into Samba, but we've had reports and bugfixes for HP-UX in
> recent versions of Samba.

HP-UX is what sysquotas_4A is for and there is no other platform anymore using
the old quota code here.

> In general we have tests/oldquotas.c for configure-time test of quota
> support in pre-sysquotas systems, you may want to clean up AIX there too.

this will be addressed soon in a 2nd patchset, which will implement sysquotas
for Solaris also, which is after this patch set the last system which is still
using the old quota code.  I have the patch removing oldquotas.c and friends
already waiting here. It's really time that we get rid of the legacy quota
interface and have clean sysquotas generally in Samba.

Björn
phone: 0551-370000-0, mail: kontakt at sernet.de
Gesch.F.: Dr. Johannes Loxen & Reinhild Jung
AG Göttingen: HR-B 2816 - https://www.sernet.de