[patchset] quota fixes, cleanups and sysquotas for AIX

Uri Simchoni uri at samba.org
Wed Feb 13 05:22:35 UTC 2019

On 2/12/19 11:33 PM, Björn JACKE via samba-technical wrote:
> Hi,
>
> review appreciated ...
>
> Björn

I haven't gone through it all (and I currently don't know to what extent
I can review the JFS stuff) but I do want to flag the following:

patch 12/13 might break the build for HP-UX, because maybe (I'm not
sure...) their configure sets WITH_QUOTAS to 1 and then, with this
patch, provides no disk_quotas() function. Perhaps rather than removing
the whole function, you can remove the AIX parts only.

I don't have positive evidence that HP-UX has disk-free quota support
integrated into Samba, but we've had reports and bugfixes for HP-UX in
recent versions of Samba.

In general we have tests/oldquotas.c for configure-time test of quota
support in pre-sysquotas systems, you may want to clean up AIX there too.

Thanks,
Uri.