Fixes for covscan reports (!236)]

Andreas Schneider asn at samba.org
Wed Feb 6 07:46:37 UTC 2019

On Monday, February 4, 2019 9:27:44 PM CET Volker Lendecke via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi, Andreas!

Hi Volker,

> The isdot/isdotdot thingy -- can you explain more closely how we can
> overrun the buffer? I've been in that coverity defect many times, and
> I really fail to see the bug. As this might be a hot codepath for
> readdir, I am a bit reluctant to add strlen calls here. Can you
> clarify with Coverity support what we can do differently without
> resorting to strlen?

I didn't really have a detailed report so I guessed that the problem is the
ISDOTDOT() macro. I can check if the report is on scan.coverity.com too then I
might get more details. I will take a look and check if we can avoid the
strlen().

Thanks for checking!

	Andreas

Andreas Schneider                      asn at samba.org
Samba Team                             www.samba.org
GPG-ID:     8DFF53E18F2ABC8D8F3C92237EE0FC4DCC014E3D