[gitlab at mg.gitlab.com: samba | Fixes for covscan reports (!236)]

Mon Feb 4 20:27:44 UTC 2019

Hi, Andreas!

The isdot/isdotdot thingy -- can you explain more closely how we can
overrun the buffer? I've been in that coverity defect many times, and
I really fail to see the bug. As this might be a hot codepath for
readdir, I am a bit reluctant to add strlen calls here. Can you
clarify with Coverity support what we can do differently without
resorting to strlen?

Thanks, Volker

----- Forwarded message from Andreas Schneider <gitlab at mg.gitlab.com> -----

Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 16:54:16 +0000
From: Andreas Schneider <gitlab at mg.gitlab.com>
To: vl at samba.org
Subject: samba | Fixes for covscan reports (!236)

New Merge Request !236

https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/236

Project:Branches: samba-team/devel/samba:asn/master-covscan to samba-team/samba:master
Author:    Andreas Schneider
Assignee:

Attached are some patches to fix some issues or add more paranoia checks to avoid buffer overruns. None seems to be critical.

----- End forwarded message -----

phone: 0551-370000-0, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de
Gesch.F.: Dr. Johannes Loxen und Reinhild Jung
AG Göttingen: HR-B 2816 - http://www.sernet.de