[Release Planning 4.11] Delaying 4.11.0rc2

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Aug 20 11:23:08 UTC 2019

Hi Nico,

>> Am 06.08.19 um 12:55 schrieb Karolin Seeger via samba-technical:
>>> Samba 4.11.0rc2 will be delayed, because library releases are needed first.
>> as the proper fix is not available yet and I have no idea when it will
>> be available, I would like to propose to ship RC2 tomorrow (after the
>> ldb release) without addressing this issues at this point.
>> Any objections?
>> Cheers,
>> Karolin
>> --
>> Karolin Seeger                  https://samba.org/~kseeger/
>> Release Manager Samba Team      https://samba.org
>> Team Lead Samba SerNet          https://sernet.de
> Only that Samba 4.11.0rc1 depended on tdb >= 1.4.1, and I've not seen
> that published or a tdb-1.4.1rc1. It's slowed me down from testing the
> new samba 4.11 candidates.

I'll do all required libraries for 4.11.0rc2, but just the same way
we did for 4.10.*.

Every additional change, like
is too complex to fix without further delaying Samba releases.


-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: signature.asc
Type: application/pgp-signature
Size: 833 bytes
Desc: OpenPGP digital signature
URL: <http://lists.samba.org/pipermail/samba-technical/attachments/20190820/7662b520/signature.sig>

More information about the samba-technical mailing list