gitlab merge requests

swen swen at linux.ibm.com
Fri Aug 9 06:48:36 UTC 2019

Andrew, Christof, Matthias, Volker

first of all I want to thank you for your reviews.
It is not very often that I'm getting 4 team-members
to review my patches.

That brings me right away to my first point.
Could some please push MR 679,
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/679
as it got now four RB+ but is still not pushed :-)
Thanks for that in advance.

Regarding the extensively discussed MR 677
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/677
Most of the patchset is pushed already, thanks for that Andrew,
but it does miss out on the hunks for talloc/testsuite.c
After yesterdays initial modification (moving talloc_free() to the end)
the gitlab-ci testruns failed.
This caused Matthias and Andrew to remove their support for this patch.
Because of this I removed the hunk in question (testsuite.c:1030) and
re-pushed...now passing the tests again.
For this version Christof provided his RB+, so I believe it is good to
go upstream if you (Andrew, Matthias) could revisite the changes and
verify if you could support it again.

Meanwhile, I figured what the issue (failing gitlab-ci) was.
It was the move of the talloc_free() passed the torture_assert() check
which verified the number of times the destructor was called.
Obviously that number is different depending on where (before or after)
the talloc_free gets called.
I verified this by triggering another pipeline-run
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/devel/samba/pipelines/75530514
which does include the original hunk
(talloc_free() at the right position).
As you can see, all gitlab-ci tests passed successfully.

If you agree, I could resend this one patch seperately.

I know this mail is getting a bit long now, but I don't want to miss
the chance to point you on those 3 merge requests.

lib: set right context for libnetapi_get_error_string to prevent
memleak
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/699

Sswen torture fixes found by asan
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/700

loadparm: fix mem leak found by ASAN
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/merge_requests/701

which fall into the same league as the ones discussed.
Aiming for the option to run tests with ASAN support enabled.

Therefore I would really appreciate if you could find some more time to
have a look at those as well.

Thanks again for your support.

Cheers Swen