GSOC 2019 participation and smbcmp Patch proposition review

Aurélien Aptel aaptel at suse.com
Wed Apr 3 11:43:39 UTC 2019

Salut,

post again on samba-technical where more developers lurk. Thanks again
for the interest in the project :)

P Mairo via samba-technical <samba-technical at lists.samba.org> writes:
> hence my pull request https://github.com/aaptel/smbcmp/pull/2

I've added a comment.

> Apart from the improvement ideas proposed on the idea list, I have a few
> ideas in order to improve smbcmp, which I will precise on my proposal.

Sounds good.

> My skillsets are mainly web-oriented as you can see on my github profile
> https://github.com/RMPR but I'm comfortable enough with C language which I
> started learning back in 2015 and python3 which is more recent (2017). My
> contributions in open source are for the most part documentation
> improvement, so I have a little experience in documenting my work.

You will mostly need python knowledge for this which is relatively easy
to pickup so I wouldn't worry too much about this.

Another possible area to explore once the parsing/filtering thing is
done is add a web UI to smbcmp (additionally to the curses one) so that
web knowledge could be handy. Just a thought.

Cheers,
--
Aurélien Aptel / SUSE Labs Samba Team
GPG: 1839 CB5F 9F5B FB9B AA97  8C99 03C8 A49B 521B D5D3