dbwrap_tool: Simplify persistent/non-persistent check / dbwrap_tool: Avoid an unnecessary "else"

Tue Sep 4 09:23:44 UTC 2018

On Tue, Sep 04, 2018 at 09:07:30PM +1200, Andrew Bartlett via samba-technical wrote:
> On Tue, 2018-09-04 at 10:53 +0200, Volker Lendecke wrote:

> > > can we please not revert this and keep the improved code? At least
> > > three of
> > > us (Jeremey, you, me) agree that the patches are an improvement.
> > Please revert this. It caused a discussion that is really not worth
> > it. My life does not depend on such controversial patches, and it is
> > better to bury it sooner rather than later if it offends people so
> > much. The former code worked and was much cleaner to many people, so
> > it's better to restore the non-controversial state than to keep
> > people
> > upset.
>
> G'Day Volker,
>
> Please be willing to accept comment on your code, especially wrong,
> opinionated and ill-considered comment.

Sure. But the pure fact that so many people felt inclined to comment
tells me that I should never have touched that piece of code.

This is NOT worth it. Please someone ack the revert. This will
hopefully stop the discussion and we can get back to daily business.

Volker

phone: +49-551-370000-0, fax: +49-551-370000-9
http://www.sernet.de, mailto:kontakt at sernet.de

Meet us at Storage Developer Conference (SDC)
Santa Clara, CA USA, September 24th-27th 2018