[Patches] Expanded group memberships on boundaries of outgoing trusts (bugs #13299, #13300, #13307)

Stefan Metzmacher metze at samba.org
Tue Mar 6 08:05:13 UTC 2018

Hi Garming,

> You mean that it doesn't work in a single operation (add with
> self-referential link attached)? I know they only still partly work in
> general even if you add the link afterwards -- a delete while there is a
> self-reference doesn't work last time I checked.
>
> It seems that this add shouldn't be able to work because repl_meta_data
> requires the GUID to perform manipulation (and sorting) which it doesn't
> have yet.

Yes, there's the problem. There also seem to be a problems where the
get_parsed_dns() falls back to dsdb_module_guid_by_dn(), as it
doesn't take care of the possible <SID=...> part of the dn.

As the repl_meta_data module invents the objectGUID, it should be
possible pass this down to the required places.

metze