Disable the flapping tests for now?

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Thu Jan 11 18:35:38 UTC 2018

This is a bit late, but anyway:

Something has changed, and the rfc2307 and whoami tests are flapping
50% - 75% of the time.

If history is any guide this is causing some considerable stress.

I wonder if we could disable the flapping tests and give a couple of
days breathing room for those who reasonably expected patches to land
to do so, then release 4.8.0rc1?

(Garming has been trying to land David's GPO patches for example, and I
keep seeing Jeremy in the autobuild queue but without a patch landing).

I normally don't like declaring something flapping until we know why
that is the case, as doing so removes the pressure to actually fix the
underlying issue.

My rationale here is that unlike the case at 4.5.0rc1 with flapping DRS
tests, these flapping tests seem to be quite specific and effectively
removing them wouldn't reduce the overall testing significantly.

What do folks think?