PATCHv2: adjust 'net ads add keytab' for windows SPN(s) & add new 'net ads setspn' subcommand

Noel Power nopower at suse.com
Mon Feb 19 11:58:12 UTC 2018

On 15/02/18 23:49, Andrew Bartlett wrote:
> On Thu, 2018-02-15 at 10:42 +0000, Noel Power via samba-technical
> wrote:
>> Hi All
>>
>> I've updated the patch set hopefully to address the details brought up
> Thanks for including tests, however it doesn't look like all the
> changes are tested as the last test is in patch 10/16, misisng the
> changes to the default behaviour of net ads keytab add etc.
>
> Please add some more tests to ensure all the changes are covered.
>
> A good way to know the test is covering the changes is to have it in a
> file within selftest/knownfail.d/ (works best for python, not sure how
> well that goes for sh) and then remove the knownfail when the change is
> made.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Andrew Bartlett

I have changed around the patch, moved the setspn stuff to the start so
I can use it as part of the new tests. Additionally had to split out the
ads_add_service_principal_name -> ads_add_service_principal_names name
and associated implementation changes into a separate patch (as setspn
had a dependency on this)

I didn't see how knownfail.d etc could be used with the blackbox test sh
tests. Instead I added tests that are detected as known failures and
then later after the default behaviour had been changed adjusted the
tests to be expected to pass

Noel