Whitespace and bullying

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Sat Apr 7 03:07:03 UTC 2018

On 07/04/18 11:36, Timur I. Bakeyev via samba-technical wrote:

> Just to up-vote for the automated git-hook solution - we are using Travis
> and flake8 for our Python code(Samba also has some .py files, right?) on
> commits and though it caused some anticipation in the beginning, now our
> code looks much cleaner and consistent in style.

We actually already have a test that rejects trailing whitespace in Python, at
python/samba/tests/source.py:185, run by autobuild and `make tests TESTS=source`.

There is also a `make pep8` that runs the less interesting subset of flake8.
Anyone who runs it sees over seven thousand lines of complaint and decides to
focus on something else.

Douglas