Resend: Patch to implement utimes in smbclient along with a test

Jeremy Allison jra at samba.org
Fri Sep 22 01:04:32 UTC 2017

On Fri, Sep 22, 2017 at 03:01:01AM +0200, Volker Lendecke via samba-technical wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 05:33:00PM -0700, Richard Sharpe wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 21, 2017 at 5:19 PM, Volker Lendecke
> > <Volker.Lendecke at sernet.de> wrote:
> > > Hi, Richard!

> > > Let me cite a snippet from README.Coding:
> > >
> > > * Maximum Line Width is 80 Characters
> > >   The reason is not about people with low-res screens but rather sticking
> > >   to 80 columns prevents you from easily nesting more than one level of
> > >   if statements or other code blocks.  Use source3/script/count_80_col.pl
> > >   to check your changes.
> >
> > Here is a change that fixes the added line that causes problems, I think.
>
> For me it does not, sorry. Line 4964 in source3/client/client.c after
> applying this patch is overlong for me. Just by 2 characters, but my
> editor shows red for that new line.

Richard, stick this in your .vimrc to see the problem :-).

if has("syntax") && (&t_Co > 2 || has("gui_running"))
       syntax on
       function! ActivateInvisibleCharIndicator()
               syntax match TrailingSpace "[ \t]\+$" display containedin=ALL
               highlight TrailingSpace ctermbg=Red guibg=Red
       endf
       autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead * call ActivateInvisibleCharIndicator()
       autocmd BufNewFile,BufRead *.c highlight cCommentL ctermbg=Red guibg=Red
endif

au BufNewFile,BufRead *.c,*.h exec 'match Todo /\%>' .  80 .  'v.\+/'